RagdollBlues is a Bad Cattery selling sick and infected Kittens
Update added by user Mar 20, 2014
RagdollBlues changed address is:
1117 Shannon Dr.
Original review posted by user Mar 18, 2014
In November of 2013, we put down a 50% deposit of $1025 on a young Ragdoll Breeder kitten that was to be delivered to us at 10 weeks via an air courier costing $300 from Dallas Texas.The breeder of this kitten was Kathy Domeny the owner/operator of RagdollBlues.com.
This breeder guaranteed that the kitten was in GOOD HEALTH and free of any infection or disease. When our kitten arrived on January 19 at the Philadelphia Airport in a very small soft sided carrying case, it was quite obvious that the kitten was not clean. His fur was full of dry skin dander and his claws had not been groomed. In taking the kitten home it was necessary for my wife to hold the kitten in her arm since the kitten came in a courier owned carrying case and we had not been advised to bring along a case.
My wife contacted Domeny as soon as we got home and told her of our findings. Domeny stated that it was pine litter and it was not dry skin. The kitten was examined on the third day by a vet and it was determined that the dander was Dermatophytosis (Ringworm). A scaly, crusted rash was found on the kitten skin that tested positive for Ringworm.
When Domeny was questioned about this infection she said she did not know about the Ringworm, when in fact she had stated to my wife that she had this problem with Ringworm 4 times that required treatment and it was no big deal. Prior to this time my wife told Domeny do not send me an infected kitten. Domeny had 3 months to examine and treat this kitten before it was sent to us. This kitten was seen by Domeny's vet who is a horse vet and only stated that the kitten was OK to travel.
It has cost us $750 to date to rid our cattery of this highly contagious disease caused by a fungi that requires daily treatment for 2 months. It is believed that this fungi comes from the dirt. She mandates in her contract that all kitten/cats must be kept indoors. Failure to do so will void the contract.
This seems contradictory since she has a Youtube video on her website showing her cats out in her backyard rolling in the dirt (see attached video & images).This fungus has infected our cattery as well as my wife who has just had cancer surgery and it has taken an inordinate amount of time treating for this infection, and there is no end in sight.
This individual has numerous sick kitten complaints against her and she refuses to do anything about it.May a word to the wise be sufficient DO NOT BUY ANY KITTENS FROM THIS BREEDER...
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Contagious Kittens
- Review category
- Animal Services
You May Also Like
- "The American Border Collie Association is no longer “democratically ran” since the term was removed from their website effective March 2016. Also, around March 2016-The American Border Collie Association discovered..."
- "Please stay away from this place and all other locations. My cat was taken in for a routine scheduled teeth cleaning and died. She was put under sedation, which she..."
- "Breeder is a hypocrite and very unethical. She sells interstate ragdoll kittens and has on her website that she has kittens in 11 states or more and sends them..."
- "Logging on to a familiar site, I was offered a skin cream to try for a FREE trial ($4.95 s&h only). In 2 weeks a charge for $98 appeared on..."
- "What $99 Special? Quote tool tells me it's under their $100 minimum. What a joke! A call to their 800 number was useless - calltaker had no knowledge of..."
- "I went to an online chat with one of their tech. reps. after about an hour of looking for the answer through Google and Microsoft's tips/help section, for a problem..."
- "I would like to know where the Great Value eggs are supplied from. I'm guessing it is somewhere with either genetically modified chickens, or where policies are not closely maintained...."
- "Am i the only one complaining about fake leads. And other contractors putting up job requests to make contractors waste credits. And some are customers puting up job requests just..."
- "I made recharge of £7.5 using dialling code *139*7001# and received successful message but didn't receive any information on auto renewal. Following month, Lyca deducted another £7.5 and enabled the..."